50 Things To Know About Your Newborn Baby!
Are you a soon-to-be mom and you’re wondering about the look of your newborn baby? Are you spending much of your time trying to come up with the best ways on how you will care for that toddler? Do you always have sleepless nights because of thinking how the little one will change your life and ensure it’s full of joy and laughter? Worry no more! In this guide, you will get answers to all these questions and even get to know more about your newborn baby.
10 Tips For Moms On How To Take Care Of The Newborn Before Birth
If you’re pregnant, you need to prepare well for the upcoming changes. With a good plan, it will become easier to have peace of mind and enjoy as wait the due dates. There are countless ways on how to make this realistic. They include:
- Getting More Information About The Birth Process: When you get more information about the birth before the right time comes, you will become more active in your birth process. Doing this is essential since it will lead to better outcomes. Here, you need to get more information about the labor stages, brain management options, medical equipment, and breathing methods, which are essential during the delivery process. Start doing this when you’re in the midst of the pregnancy period so you can have enough time to grasp everything.
- Finding The Right Doctor For The Newborn: Looking for a family doctor or a paediatrician is an essential thing to do midway through the pregnancy. Yes, this time seems to be too earlier, but this is vital since it gives you ample time to find the best family doctor as per your family needs.
- Ensuring That Your Views Matches Those From Your Partner: Be open about your needs to your partner. Let the two of you know what you need from each other. Avoid last-minute conflicts by trying this out while it’s early enough. Consider discussing essential things with your partner so that you will be on the same track.
- Talking To The Veteran Moms: Consider finding out more about various essential things to reduce the upcoming shock factor. Therefore, it is vital to get more information from the veteran moms for the real deal. Always consider getting tips from honest moms since they can help you in adjusting your expectations.
- Preparing Pets And Older Siblings: There are high chances for the newborn to rock the world of the older children compared to yours. Here, you need to get ready your older kids for the upcoming baby. Also, look for someone to take care of them during and after birth while it is early enough. Other than this, you need to prepare your pets for the new baby.
- Finding Someone Who Will Help You After Birth: Extra help is an essential thing after giving birth. Therefore, you need to look for someone to help you after the delivery process. Find some while it is early enough to avoid last-minute struggle.
- Having A Firm Plan Of What You Will Do When Labor Starts: Before the due date, you need to have a clear plan of the person you will call, the place to go, vehicle to commute and the right time to leave.
- Deciding On Those Who Will Attend The Delivery Process: Deciding on this is a personal issue that requires much of your time. Also, this is the right time to choose the spokesperson for your family, who’s role entail sending emails and calling via phones to keep right members updated.
- Packing Your Bag: Here, you need to prepare a comprehensive packing list for the birth center. Also, you need to include other items that will ensure you stay comfortable while in the hospital.
- Stocking Up On The Essential Things: Some clothing, an installed car seat, wipes, a safe place to sleep, and diapers are essential things for a newborn. Stocking up all these things while it is early enough is vital to avoid last-minute struggle.
10 Ways On How To Take Care For The Newborns just after their birth
There are a lot of things you need to do to your newborn baby after a successful delivery. There are several vital health factors you need to consider for your toddlers. These include the amount of food they need, their body temperature, and their breathing. The main points to note for this case include:
- keeping The Baby Warm: After a successful delivery, ensuring that the baby remains warm is the next thing to do. Therefore, you need to dry the baby nicely after their birth. Also, cover the child from head to toe. The baby can get the required warmth by placing them on their mother’s abdomen or chest. Other than this, you need to cover the mother and the kid with a blanket.
- Allowing The Baby To Breathe: It always essential to ensure that the newborn baby breaths properly. Make this realistic by clearing the amniotic fluid and mucus from the child’s nose and mouth. This step is vital, and it follows the delivery process. The baby’s mouth and nose airways can get cleared by using a suctioning device.
- Breastfeeding The Baby: It is vital to ensure that the newborn baby breaths comfortably before breastfeeding them. Don’t force the baby to feed if they have any issues after clearing the airways. It’s not safe or advised to breastfeed babies having respiratory problems.
- Cleaning The Umbilical Cord: After cutting the umbilical cord, the child gets separated from the body of the mother. Therefore, this process requires the use of sterilized instruments. There’s a need to clean and dry the cord carefully. When you clean the umbilical cord by using alcohol, you will prevent the growth of any bacteria or infection.
- Checking The Heartbeats Of The Baby: After birth, the doctor needs to check the pulse of the baby. For newborn babies, they need to have a heart rate that reads 100 BPM. For the toddlers whose heart rates stands below this, they need to get artificially ventilated as per the advice of the doctor.
- Observing Lack Of Vitamins: A newborn baby needs to get an injection of vitamin K that measures between 0.5 and 1.0 mg. The main reason behind this is that newborns always lack vitamin K. This injection is vital since it prevents them from the hemorrhagic disease. This infection affects at least one baby for every ten babies.
- Being Patient: A lot of patience and knowledge is not an option because of the sensitive nature of the newborns. Babies deserve diligent care so they can remain active and healthy and have the right platform as they into mature adults.
- Taking Shifts: Taking turns is an essential thing to do if the cranky newborns give sleepless nights. The father should take the night shift if the mother has been taking care of the baby throughout the day.
- Mimicking The Womb: Swaddling, shushing, and swinging is another thing to do whenever the toddler gets fussy. Here, you need to give the child a calming reflex by holding them to your side.
- Bathing: Relaxing and taking it slow is the right way to make it possible. Here, you need to wash the baby around the umbilical cord region. Remember, the umbilical cord will fall off as fast as possible if it dries up within the shortest possible time. For this stage, you can decide to use a sponge bath. Start by placing the baby on the towel and then clean all the vital areas.
As a parent, you need to take your time before deciding on the item to buy, what you plan to spend, the time to buy, and the place to buy the stuff. In this part, you will get tips on the most appropriate things to buy for your child. They include:
- A Crib: A crib is a right thing to buy if you don’t have a family bed. It is essential to have a plan on where your baby will be sleeping. For this case, a three-sided crib or bassinet cradle is the most preferred option for a few months if you want to start with the small stuff.
- Linens: Linens is the right choice if you’re planning to use a crib. Here, you can go for a waterproof pad together with crib sheets on the upper side. Or, you can go for a sheet saver, which will fit the top side of the fitted sheet. Generally, a quilted mattress pad is an essential thing for this case without considering what you choose.
- Diapers: Here, you either go for disposable or cloth diapers. For the first six weeks, you need to plan on the average of 80 diaper changes per week and 50 changes per week after six weeks.
- Clothing: At least six ‘onesies,’ three large-sized blankets, are the most preferred for a start. Also, you need around four pairs of booties and a cap and sweater. For most parents, sleepers that zip up the front are the most preferred.
- Baby Tub: Tubs featuring a sponge insert are the most preferred. Also, women prefer the ones slopped with a foam pad on the inner side. Other necessities include scissors, brush, and comb, baby soap, terrycloths washcloths and towels, and round-tip nail.
- Burp Cloth And Bibs: These are essential for feeding. Nipples and bottles are imperative even in the cases where you breastfeed. These items become functional when used together with dishwasher basket and bottle brush, vital for cleaning purposes. A measuring cup and formula are the right option for those who aren’t breastfeeding.
- The Car Seat: Here, you need to buy a rear-facing baby car seat. The one rated up to 20 pounds is the most preferred for this case. It works as a baby carrier or as a stroller for some models. Therefore, with the stroller, you avoid the situations where you have to carry the car seat to all places.
- Breast Pump: A breast pump is an essential item to all breastfeeding mothers. It helps them to express milk whenever they are away from the baby or whenever the breasts become engorged since the baby does not want to feed.
- Medicine Cabinet: Seek advice from the paediatrician on matters relating to medicine cabinet recommendations. For a start, a thermometer is an essential tool, and you should purchase as per the doctor’s recommendations. Also, you need a bulb syringe, which you will need for sucking excess mucus from the child’s mouth and nose. Also, you will get advise on the types of ointments or medications to purchase.
- A Baby Monitor: This item is essential for tracking your baby while you’re not in the same room.
Toys are simple and colorful stuff that are crucial entertaining newborn babies and kicking off their development. However, you will realize that newborns don’t need toys on most occasions since their main interest entails sleeping and eating. But they will become more interested in the surrounding world when they are three months old. Therefore, this is the time you need to expose them to fun toys and activities.
Realistically, babies enjoy playing with items within the house, such as plastic food containers, and wooden spoons. Therefore, you should choose the best toys for your newborn baby that contain the features essential in helping them with crucial development phases. The best toys are the ones that develop the baby’s excellent motor skills, eyesight, and they must be safe.
There are countless features you need to consider when purchasing the best toy for your child. They include varying soft textures, easy to learn, contrasting patterns and colors, and audible.
Knowing the best toys for newborns, now let’s look at the top-rated newborn toys you need to buy today.
- Lamaze Play And Grow Firefly: For this toy, each Lamaze animal friends has several things that every newborn baby will love. The main stuff featured by this toy includes clinking rings, bright colors, bright textures, vivid patterns, a peekaboo mirror, a squeaker, a teether, crinkles, and many more. Other than the variety of animals to select from, this toy is the right option for tummy time and playtime.
- Oball Rainstick Rattle: Your newborn can quickly grab and shake this toy because of the larger finger holes situated in the squishy plastic. Also, this toy enhances a noisy and fun rainbow because of the colorful beads located on the inner side of the rain stick.
- Baby Einstein Floor Mirror: Every newborn baby enjoys the look of their own reflections. They do this even if they don’t know what they’re looking at. Therefore, you can develop the vision of your newborn baby and enhance enough tummy time entertainment by propping a safe mirror in front of them.
- Lovevery The Play Gym: Placing your newborn on an activity mat is the right way to make the tummy time hassle-free for everyone. Lavevery play gym is the best option to make this realistic. It is the most preferred toy for newborn babies since it grows with them and enhances development phases along the way.
- Tiny Love Soothe ‘n Mobile: This toy is the most preferred because of its non-repeating music with a duration of 45 minutes. Also, it has six genres to select from, hence enhancing great entertainment for newborn babies.
- Sassy Developmental Bumpy Ball: The sense of touch of a newborn baby is so sensitive. Therefore, it is possible for them to delight in feeling various textures by using their fingers and even mouths. This toy is the right way to expose your newborn to several textures, such as bristly, smooth, squishy, and fuzzy. All these will inspire your baby to practice their grasping.
- Manhattan Toy Co Toy Winkel: This toy is fun to play and fund to say. Surrounding this toy is soft loops that run all although an interior rattle. It is the most preferred option for chewing, grasping, and shaking. Other you can toss it into your diaper bag with less hassle or clip it into the stroller for playtime.
- Skip Hop Vibrant Activity Book: It’s not too early to expose your newborn baby to books. This toy is the most preferred option because of its sensory-stimulating features such as the mirror, ribbons, flaps, and crinkly pages. There are high chances for the high contrast ‘pages’ to capture the attention of your newborn baby.
- Jellycat Bashful Beige Bunny: This toy is the right choice for your newborn baby because of the huggable stuffed animal. However, consider keeping the toy out of the crib even if the baby loves their furry friends.
- Felt Flap Book: Felt Flat Book is another entertaining toy that allows newborn babies to reveal what’s situated behind the felt flaps from one page to another. They need to revels of the hiding location is behind the bushes, under blankets or inside a baby carriage.
Things To Arrange Before You Plan To Travel With Your Newborn
- Clothes: Baby clothes are essential and cute stuff you should not include in your holiday checklist. Also, you should carry cute pajamas to keep the newborn baby adorable through the night. Prepare yourself for two to four change per day.
- Diapers: Here, diapers can either be disposables or cloths. You should arrange for a maximum of six diapers per day. Also, consider carrying a wet or dry bag for emergency changes. Other than this, a damp or a dry bag is an essential item, especially in a hotel room.
- Wet Wipes: For the wet wipes, you need one box per week. Wipes play an essential for everyday part of our lives.
- Drool Bibs and Burp Cloths: A burp cloth is an essential item, especially during the first several months. For these two, you need two to three of them per day.
- Chill-Out Toys: For the Chill-out toys, you need one to two per day. These are the most preferred for development play.
- Baby Carrier: Ergo baby carrier is the right choice if you have plans to hike with your baby. Also, this item is the right option if you plan to walk in crowded areas with minimal space.
- Blankets: This is one of the essential items to swaddle the baby to provide warmth for the first few days of life until their thermostat kicks in.
- Stroller: Read this blog for more info
- Travel bassinet: This is a portable sleeping spot for a newborn and is ideal for parents who keep their baby close to them and share the same room as it requires very less space.
- Travel high chair: If you love travelling and checking out new restaurant travel high chair could be ideal for you as you can sit along with your baby just with the help of some gear. They either latch onto the table or strap around the dining chair saving space and these postures with your baby around make a good click on vacation.
We hope this article will help you understand everything you need to know about your newborn baby. We have carefully piled up a list of essential things you may need to help grow your kid. Every step that has mentioned above is necessary to keep in mind. Don’t forget to share with us your lovely tips and ideas for newborn baby. Please comment here, we would love to listen from you.